Celebrate National Nut Day with This Recipe
Mark your calendars the 22nd of October because it’s National Nut Day!
That’s right slowly but surely we are making every day of the year a holiday. Awesome right?
National Nut Day is a holiday with the theme of giving up on eating meat for one day and instead substituting nuts instead – which are also high in protein.
So to help everyone out we’re bringing you a simple little recipe for some tasty nuts (no not that kind you pervs!).
National Nut Day Recipe: Candied Nuts
Whip yourself up a batch of these candied nuts and you’ll probably want to skip eating meat a few more times per year.
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Water
- 1-2 Cups of Nuts (Peanuts, Cashews, Almonds etc…)
- In a saucepan mix together your tablespoons of water and the sugar until they have come to a boil.
- Continuing to stir you mixture together until the sugar has fully dissolved. Once it has you can now toss in your nuts.
- Stir the nuts into the sugary mixture until they are completely coated. After about 2.5 minutes all the moisture will evaporate and the sugar will literally crystallize on the nuts. Stir vigorously for a minute while your nuts get completely coated and turn off the heat.
- Continue to slowly mix over the burner with the heat off until you see the sugar begin to turn brown and caramelize on the nuts.
- Pour them out unto a plate to cool and then enjoy!
Do you have a recipe for National Nut Day? If so please share it with us in the comments below and pass this recipe along to your friends!